Saturday, December 10, 2011

The mother of all iPhone car mount: ProClip USA

By Jason D. O'Grady | October 21, 2011, 10: 30 am PDT

Summary: I struggled to find a half decent vehicle mounting solution for my iPhone in the past, but the iPhone 4 ProClip USA mount changed all that and definitely is the mother of all car mounts.

If you're like me, probably has an iPhone (or two) and you live by it. Not only to make phone calls and text messages, but for Internet access too. My iPhone is never far away from me, in fact I have a sinking feeling if I have lost my iPhone for more than a few minutes.

Although it is illegal to the driver to use an iPhone (in most of the United States of anyway) it is a very useful device in a car. Maps, GPS and navigation are the most obvious examples of practical uses of an iPhone in a car, but also depend on audio books, podcasts and music to make my trip more manageable. In fact, I do not know what would do without my iPhone in my car, probably go completely crazy to hear announcements.

That being said, I've struggled to find a half decent Setup for my iPhone in my car. I normally plug it and only bolster him in some place of my script. The problem here is obvious: as soon as taking a corner my iPhone goes flying on the ground, usually outside its scope.

I found the answer in a montage of car Clip Pro United States - the mother of all car mounts. I have used several years and normally abandoned because they do not work well or simply fell. ProClip USA mounts vehicle are robust, well built and are available for almost all vehicles in the market.

Can be mounted ProClips place your vehicle, as shown in this diagram:

You need two parts for mounting the device in your script. Together, these two parts create a mounting solution:

a montage of the vehicle - specific to the holder of the device vehiclea - specific to the device

I opted for the following settings for my Honda Pilot:

Honda Pilot-2009 2012 - ProClip Centre Mount (Item #: 854197)-$ 29. 99apple iPhone 4 used a case - support adjustable with tilt swivel and pass through the connector for the connection of the Cable (article no. 516165)-$ 79,99

This configuration suits my iPhone 4 and 4S in bumpers of Apple case impeccably and it can easily be rotated between horizontal and vertical orientation depending on the application. I opted for the owner of the device with the pass connector so that it could easily connect my iPhone to power without having to fish around a power cord.

ProClip Setup is very solid and of high quality. So much so that probably I will get one for my Droid Bionic, which I prefer on my iPhone for navigation in the vehicle. This thing is the mother of all vehicle mounts and well worth the price of admission, especially for travelers and people otherwise they spend too much time in their cars.

Jason or ' Grady + is a journalist and writer specializing in mobile technology. He has published six books on Apple and mobile devices and your blog PowerPage has been publishing for more than 15 years.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment